As an experienced hunter, you recognize the wide-ranging expectations, planning, and financial costs that accompany your desire to achieve your personal best. However, in our ever-changing world of uncertainty, your commitment at such a high level exposes you to many financial and physical risks.
Top 10 Reasons to Purchase Sportsman’s Travel Insurance
1. You could lose money you’ve invested for your trip, such as nonrefundable deposits, if bad weather conditions cause delay or cancellation of your trip.
2. You may have to cut your trip short and return home for an emergency such as an unexpected illness or death in the family forcing you to lose the remaining pre-paid portion of your trip and pay a ticket change fee for your return travel arrangements.
3. Your Sportsman’s Equipment could be lost, damaged, or stolen, forcing you to purchase additional equipment or any other essentials needed.
4. The Outfitter or Operator with which you’re scheduled to travel suddenly ceases operation or goes on strike leaving you with no option but to cancel your trip. . . with no recourse for reimbursement.
5. Many health plans in the U.S., Medicare, and Medicare supplements may offer little or no medical expense coverage outside the U.S. should you require emergency medical treatment while on your trip.
6. Due to an accident or a sudden illness, you or a family member may require emergency medical evacuation while traveling. Many U.S. health plans, including HMOs and PPOs will not cover emergency medical evacuations.
7. You could run into major travel delays forcing you to miss a portion of your trip and be forced to pay additional lodging expenses while you wait.
8. You cancel your trip for a covered reason, after paying your travel arranger for the cost of your hunting or fishing license.
9. If you have a medical emergency that requires medical transportation, we cover evacuation as directed by a physician to the nearest adequate medical facility.
10. Hunter’s Hotline – 24-hour hotline that provides services that include weather reports, roadside assistance, hunting regulations, up-to-the minute fishing and hunting reports, information on vaccine and passport requirements and travel advisories.